Wednesday, December 5, 2018

An Interesting Tool/Technology I Encountered in Preparation for Bootcamp


Preparation for Bootcamp has been a wonderful experience for me preparing for me. A tool that looked very interesting to me is ESLint, I like the interaction with other tools but this tool usually makes me feel happy when coding.

Eslint is a tool used to structure your code and follow a particular pattern during development. This is a tool that usually makes me feel like running and leaving the system whenever I see the error generated from each file. After some days, I got used to this style and it has always been fun for me, to the extent that I can remember most of the rules while coding thereby generating a minimal error.

Why Use ESLint?

Eslint is a tool responsible for reporting patterns, a standard project should have well defined stable coding conventions, without a coding convention it will be difficult for another developer to pick a fellow developers code and make changes. Besides the coding convention, Eslint can also be used to effectively check for errors in lines of code. It has a way of crawling through the whole code files present. An error message will be generated for any line that does not conform to the defined rules.

The use of Eslint in Andela is of great importance because it leads to having a stable pattern which all Andelans must adhere to.

No comments:

Post a Comment