Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Bootcamp challenges and how I have adapted in the last few weeks

Adapting to the new style has been something not really easy for me, adaptability means adapting to change, I have learnt to have an open mind, and not just accepting any change, I need to know the outcome of the change such as the effect it will have on me.
One of the challenges I faced at the boot camp is the fact that I was new to most of the tools used. I have been working on Javascript all these while but not to an extent of using it at a full stack level.
Using Eslint , to write ES6-javascript while adhering to the air-bnb style, code versioning with a recommended git workflow, using pivotal tracker, using Travis ci , TDD are among those features I have not used before.

I wrote down all the features at first using a scale of preference of how important they are, and then searched the internet to find materials including videos on them one after the order according to my list. After doing this, I got familiar with most of them and started learning. with these steps, I was able to tackle the week 1 and 2 challenge. Whenever I get stuck, I check google for solutions, if Google cannot help I meet fellow colleagues and then meet my LFA if there is no solution from others.

Overall, I see the whole process as a challenge, but I developed the mindset of taking the challenge and adapt to the changes, and this has added a lot to me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment